The Seattle Metals Guild is a volunteer operated organization. Every project, workshop and event we produce is brought to you by volunteers not to mention database management, website maintenance, and bookkeeping. What skills can you offer? What programs are you most supportive of? In what way would you like to be more involved? We can’t run this organization without you! The strength of the Seattle Metals Guild and the community of artists in our area flourishes through your participation. Friendships and networks are forged around committee tables and whilst helping with the heavy lifting. Won’t you join us?
Short Term Event Opportunities 2016:
- Passing the Torch Volunteers:
- Please contact Kristen Hummel if you are interested in helping: email@example.com
We are hoping to have more exhibitions, workshops and social events in 2016 and will publish those dates volunteers are needed as they approach.
Long Term Opportunities 2016-2017:
- General Board Members: Duties involve attending at least 8 board meetings per year (roughly one per month – we skip August), voting on measures, being an active participant and volunteering for one specific task, either on a committee or on the board. No positions currently available.
- Volunteer & Member Coordinator: Duties involve responding to volunteer requests and organizing volunteers for our events and duties as needed. Membership duties include entering manual sign-ups and renewals.
- Exhibition/Symposium/Biennial Committee Members: Duties for these committees involve planning, preparation and the assumption of needed tasks; includes venue and food sourcing, assembling juries if applicable, accepting, displaying, and returning work, and securing talent and providing a great experience for presenters and participants alike.
- Passing the Torch Chair and Committee Members: Duties for the committee involve working with local high school teachers to submit, jury and display their students work; includes graphics, venue sourcing, assembling juries if applicable, accepting, displaying, and returning work.
- Lecture Series/Workshops Chair and Committee Members: Duties for the committee involve working with potential speakers and instructors to present an engaging Lecture Series and workshops; includes graphics, venue sourcing, securing talent and providing a great experience for presenters and participants alike.
- Newsletter Publisher: Work with our submissions team to publish our monthly digital newsletter via MailChimp.
Please fill out the short form below and our volunteer coordinator will discuss with you your skills and areas of interest. Thank you!
Your email address and phone number will never be sold or shared with others.